Thursday, February 1, 2007

Overheard: From MailMetro

A little letter to Dublin's free Metro newspaper:
You know how sometimes you pass someone on the street, and you hear just a few words of conversation? That happened to me yesterday. A chain of primary school children went past, and I heard one boy say, 'Tony Blair's trousers'. At first I wondered what on Earth he had been talking about. But then I decided I didn't want to know. It would spoil it.
I think that's rather beautiful, don't you?

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's quite terrific. I've taken to carrying a little notebook around to write down such things, but as I only started doing so yesterday I haven't found anything remarkable yet.

TRiG said...

Let us know when you do. I should probably try the same. There's all sorts of reasons I should carry a notebook with me, actually.